- Flash flooding in Charlotte after storms roll through Friday
- State to host community disaster information sessions in hurricane-impacted counties
- LIVE: Severe weather in Charlotte
- With help from Habitat for Humanity, New Bern making strides on long road back from Hurricane Florence
- Houston Forecast: Heavy rain and flooding possible this weekend
AUSTIN, Texas — Famous country music artist Josh Abbott was recognized by the Texas House of Representatives on Monday for his help with relief efforts after Hurricane Harvey.
According to Rep. Drew Springer out of District 68, Abbott went to Rockport after Hurricane Harvey to help feed first responders.
Springer posted a photo to Twitter on Monday of himself, Rep. Dustin Burrows and Abbott posing for the camera while helping after the disaster.