- Forecasters: Hurricane season to be busier than 1st thought
- NOAA updates Atlantic hurricane season forecast, says it 'shows no signs of slowing'
- 'This was my home. It will be again.:' Beach residents rebuilding on the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Isaias
- ‘This was my home. It will be again.:’ Beach residents rebuilding on the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Isaias
- On anniversary of Hurricane Isaias, tropics remain relatively quiet for 2021
Brunswick County Schools announced the lunch policy change Wednesday.
Students were already eligible for free breakfast, but the school is expanding that to include healthy lunches.
The district cited Hurricane Florence, and its lasting devastation, as a reason for the policy change.
According to a news release, with more than 40 percent of the district’s households affected by Florence, the Community Eligibility Provision Program for the National School Lunch Program kicked in to allowing the school to provide the meals for free.
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.