- Minor coastal flooding expected along beaches, downtown Wilmington
- Live radar: Flash Flood Warning extended in Harris County until 5:45 p.m.
- Live radar: Flash Flood Warning issued in Harris County until 4:45 p.m.
- Tornado Warning for parts of Harris, Fort Bend, Brazoria and Galveston counties
- TIMELINE: Flood advisory issued for SE Harris County
A large and dangerous tornado touched down on the western edge of Kansas City, Kansas, Tuesday and was headed toward a heavily populated and popular entertainment and shopping area, the National Weather Service said.
The NWS issued a “tornado emergency” for the area known as the Legends Outlets near where the Kansas Speedway hosts NASCAR races.
Damage reports were not immediately available.
The NWS later expanded the tornado warning to include all of the Kansas City area including the Missouri side of the city.
“The heart of KC is in this tornado warning! This is a dangerous situation. TAKE SHELTER NOW!” the NWS Kansas City office tweeted.
The tornado is part of a massive severe weather system in the central United States that has produced tornado activity for eight straight days.