- Atlantic Ocean is waking back up. 65% chance for above-normal hurricane season
- The Atlantic is waking back up. 65% chance for above-normal hurricane season
- A 65% chance of an above normal hurricane season. Why the Atlantic is waking back up.
- Forecasters: Hurricane season to be busier than 1st thought
- NOAA updates Atlantic hurricane season forecast, says it 'shows no signs of slowing'
A large and dangerous tornado touched down on the western edge of Kansas City, Kansas, Tuesday and was headed toward a heavily populated and popular entertainment and shopping area, the National Weather Service said.
The NWS issued a “tornado emergency” for the area known as the Legends Outlets near where the Kansas Speedway hosts NASCAR races.
Damage reports were not immediately available.
The NWS later expanded the tornado warning to include all of the Kansas City area including the Missouri side of the city.
“The heart of KC is in this tornado warning! This is a dangerous situation. TAKE SHELTER NOW!” the NWS Kansas City office tweeted.
The tornado is part of a massive severe weather system in the central United States that has produced tornado activity for eight straight days.