- As California wildfires rage, is this the new normal?
- Deadly storms bring torrential rains, hail and tornadoes to large portions of the South
- Severe weather impacts the East Coast
- Two people killed after tornado outbreak hits south
- Today marks the end to an uneventful Atlantic hurricane season for Texas
WHARTON, Texas (FOX 26) – Wharton residents are asked to minimize water usage to avoid possible sewer backups into their homes.
The City of Wharton OEM says the city’s sewer system is experiencing heavy volumes of water after heavy rains, and residents may experience issues with flushing toilets or drainage.
The Public Works Department is continuing to work on clearing any blockages.
Citizens are asked to stay off roadways and are reminded to never drive through high water.
A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for several counties, including Wharton County, until 10 p.m. June 5.