- Apparent wooden ship from 1800s uncovered by hurricane beach erosion
- California airports face disruption due to flooding, study finds
- As California wildfires rage, is this the new normal?
- Deadly storms bring torrential rains, hail and tornadoes to large portions of the South
- Severe weather impacts the East Coast
AUSTIN, Texas — A Severe Thunderstorm Watch is in effect until 10 p.m. for Blanco, Bastrop, Caldwell, Fayette, Travis, Hays, Lee and Williamson counties until 10pm.
The best chance for storms will be for areas east and south of Austin through the early evening hours. By late this evening, the bulk of storms will decrease and move out of the area.
Isolated severe storms producing large hail and damaging winds are the two primary threats. Quarter-sized hail was reported near Parmer Lane and Dessau and the Rundberg area.
Although the tornado threat isn’t zero, the risk for isolated tornadoes is small at this time along with the flash flood threat.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: