- Tropical Storm Edouard moves away from the US, while low pressure system likely to usher in rainy week
- Tropical Storm Edouard forms over the Atlantic
- Hail, flash floods accompany isolated severe thunderstorms on Sunday afternoon
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued for Wake County, flood warning for Durham County
- Watchdog says govt blocking report on Trump-hurricane flap
Torrential rainfall has caused flooding to occur in many of our Foothill neighborhoods.
The Catawba County Board of Commissioners has declared a state of emergency on Sunday as excessive rainfall has continued for more than 24 hours and is expected to continue through Monday. Numerous rescues and severe flooding have caused road closures and hazardous travel conditions.
Widespread power outages are also a concern.