- Atlantic Ocean is waking back up. 65% chance for above-normal hurricane season
- The Atlantic is waking back up. 65% chance for above-normal hurricane season
- A 65% chance of an above normal hurricane season. Why the Atlantic is waking back up.
- Forecasters: Hurricane season to be busier than 1st thought
- NOAA updates Atlantic hurricane season forecast, says it 'shows no signs of slowing'
CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. — The North Carolina Department of Transporation (NCDOT) is assessing dozens of road that were damaged in Alexander and Catawba counties from flooding over the weekend.
“Drivers who come across a road with barricades should not attempt to drive around them or move them. Instead, turn around and seek an alternate route,” NCDOT said.
Here is a list of roads that are closed or impassable:
Herman Rd. at Spring Creek Bridge
Rink Dam Rd. near Sam Poole Rd.
Icard Ridge Rd. near Sam Hefner Rd.
Heritage Farm Rd. near Ashley Ln.
Willie McLeod Rd. near Hoyle Keller Loop
Dover Church Rd. near Caldwell County line
Blair Rd. near Old NC 90
Liledoun Rd. near Glove Mill Rd.
Snow Creek Rd.
Kool Park Rd. at bridge
21st St. NE at Clyde Campbell
4730 16th St. Dr. NE, Hickory
3864 Buck Point Rd.
300 S 8th Ave., Maiden
Rocky Ford Rd. at bridge
Reepsville Rd./Paintshop Rd.
8419 Reepsville Rd.
2330 Journeys Pass
5411 Whitener Rd.
Grace Church Rd.
1146 Sain Rd.
Mitchell Dr. (temporary access via 321 exit ramp)
5622 Valleyfield Rd.
1684 Eckard Rd.
25th Ave. Dr. NW Hickory
12th Ave. SE Hickory
3822 Pinecrest Drive
2869 and 2879 9th Ave. SE, Hickory
I-40 West closed in near TN state line
You can search for road closures on NCDOT’s Incident List by county at drivenc.gov.