- As California wildfires rage, is this the new normal?
- Deadly storms bring torrential rains, hail and tornadoes to large portions of the South
- Severe weather impacts the East Coast
- Two people killed after tornado outbreak hits south
- Today marks the end to an uneventful Atlantic hurricane season for Texas
BURNET, Texas — A tour boat with about 80 people on board beached on an island after flooding in Central Texas Sunday evening.
According to the Texas Game Warden, the boat took on “water on Lake Buchanan” before it beached on the island sometime after 5 p.m.
The engine of the boat flooded and the boat was disabled, the game warden said. The Texas Game Warden later said that they, along with other first responders, will begin shuttling the passengers to land.
After the severe weather passes, the passengers will then be taken to the Burnet County side of Lake Buchanan, the Texas Game Warden said.
Check back on this story for updates.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: