- Thunderstorms capable of producing large hail, tornadoes to hit San Antonio Sunday night
- City of Austin taking steps to protect water..
- Exec order keeps Texas State Board of Plumbing
- North Carolina Insurance Commissioner gives tips on how to prep for hurricanes
- Meet 2019's 40 Under 40: Lake Houston Area Chamber CEO rallies in wake of Hurricane Harvey
PFLUGERVILLE, Texas (FOX 7 Austin) – UPDATE: According to the Pflugerville Police Department, the search has now transitioned into a recovery as of 9:39 p.m.
Authorities are searching for a female kayaker on Lake Pflugerville Sunday evening.
The Pflugerville Police Department received a call June 9 at 6:46 p.m. about a potential drowning at Lake Pflugerville. According to a release from the city, a female in her 20s in a kayak was carried into deeper water as severe weather blew through.
As of 8:26 p.m. neither the kayaker nor the kayak have been recovered.
The Pflugerville police and fire departments as well as the Austin Fire Department are on scene conducting the search.
Lake Pflugerville has been closed to the public.