- Tropical Storm Edouard moves away from the US, while low pressure system likely to usher in rainy week
- Tropical Storm Edouard forms over the Atlantic
- Hail, flash floods accompany isolated severe thunderstorms on Sunday afternoon
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued for Wake County, flood warning for Durham County
- Watchdog says govt blocking report on Trump-hurricane flap
PFLUGERVILLE, Texas (FOX 7 Austin) – UPDATE: According to the Pflugerville Police Department, the search has now transitioned into a recovery as of 9:39 p.m.
Authorities are searching for a female kayaker on Lake Pflugerville Sunday evening.
The Pflugerville Police Department received a call June 9 at 6:46 p.m. about a potential drowning at Lake Pflugerville. According to a release from the city, a female in her 20s in a kayak was carried into deeper water as severe weather blew through.
As of 8:26 p.m. neither the kayaker nor the kayak have been recovered.
The Pflugerville police and fire departments as well as the Austin Fire Department are on scene conducting the search.
Lake Pflugerville has been closed to the public.