- Atlantic Ocean is waking back up. 65% chance for above-normal hurricane season
- The Atlantic is waking back up. 65% chance for above-normal hurricane season
- A 65% chance of an above normal hurricane season. Why the Atlantic is waking back up.
- Forecasters: Hurricane season to be busier than 1st thought
- NOAA updates Atlantic hurricane season forecast, says it 'shows no signs of slowing'
Residents in the ABC11 viewing area are at an enhanced risk or level three of five.
There are more than 86 million Americans under the threat of severe weather today, and the bullseye is right over our viewing area. Biggest threats=damaging winds & hail. #ncwx pic.twitter.com/W602YI81DR
— Don Schwenneker (@BigweatherABC11) June 20, 2019
Don “Big Weather” Schwenneker said our biggest threats will be damaging winds and hail.
The day will start out sunny; however, a cold front will push in around 3 p.m.
Thunderstorms with high wind gusts are possible late in the afternoon until the evening.
Big Weather said the tornado risk will be very low, but an isolated tornado cannot be ruled out.
Friday, the first day of summer, will bring temperatures in the 80s.
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.