- Forecasters: Hurricane season to be busier than 1st thought
- NOAA updates Atlantic hurricane season forecast, says it 'shows no signs of slowing'
- 'This was my home. It will be again.:' Beach residents rebuilding on the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Isaias
- ‘This was my home. It will be again.:’ Beach residents rebuilding on the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Isaias
- On anniversary of Hurricane Isaias, tropics remain relatively quiet for 2021
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Charlotte Fire Department responded to the intersection of Freedom Drive and West Morehead Street for a large water main break, according to the City of Charlotte’s twitter.
The intersection is closed to traffic for both vehicles and pedestrians, officials say.
In addition to impacting businesses in the area, the break has impacted Charlotte-Douglas International Airport. The airport has not specified exactly what the break has caused there, but NBC Charlotte has reached out to confirm specifics.
Charlotte Fire is encouraging people not to walk or drive through any fast-moving water, including the flooding caused by this break.
Officials have not said at this time what caused the water main break. No word yet on when the area is expected to be reopened.