- Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- Live updates: Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- 'Packed their stuff and left' | Hurricane Harvey’s impact still evident in many areas nearly four years after flood
- This woodworker is creating pieces from trees devastated by drought and wildfires
- Heavy rain prompts flood advisory for the San Antonio area
On Tuesday’s Houston Matters: We continue to monitor a storm system that has been developing over Georgia and the Florida panhandle over the last couple of days. It’s not a hurricane. It’s not a tropical storm. It’s not, at this moment, even a tropical depression. But it does offer the potential to bring some significant rain to Greater Houston this weekend.
We discuss what you can do to get yourself ready should we face significant severe weather from this or any other potential storm between now and the end of hurricane season.
Also this hour: We learn about recent developments to repurpose the Astrodome as an indoor parking and event space with a walking/running trail that spirals its way to the top of the historic structure.
Then, the area around Hillcroft and highway 59 is known in Houston as the Mahatma Gandhi District. We talk with several members of the local India Culture Center about the area and how it’s changed over the years.