- Saturday marks one year since Hurricane Ian in the Cape Fear
- Fort Mill businesses left with big mess after raw sewage floods Baxter Village building
- Decoding The Intriguing Mechanisms Behind Hurricane Damage
- A World Aflame: The Dire Consequences of Escalating Wildfires
- 'My family was terrified' | Round Rock residents left with extensive damage after hailstorm
HOUSTON — Tropical Storm Barry is getting a bit more organized and nearing the coastline of Louisiana.
Barry is expected to make landfall early Saturday morning as a weak category 1 hurricane. Barry will have life-threatening impacts along the Louisiana coast, including the potential for strong rip currents in Galveston.
There will be minimal impacts expected here in Houston.
TRACK BARRY: Barry interactive map, expected rainfall and more
HOUSTON FORECAST: Increasing rain chance Thursday and Friday
Below is the latest cone of uncertainty for Tropical Storm Barry, which shows the Texas coast is no longer in the forecast track.
LINKS YOU CAN USE:
What do you need to do during a threat from the tropics?
- Make sure you check on the weather at least twice a day; once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Check your hurricane supply kits. Make sure you’re ready in the event we get a storm, which at this time remains very uncertain.
- Go over your storm plan with your family. Where would you go? What route would you take if asked to evacuate?
- Stay informed. Check in with us twice a day. Once in the morning and once before you go to bed so you don’t get caught off guard.
CLICK HERE FOR THE RED CROSS HURRICANE SAFETY CHECKLIST.
What are high pressure cells?
These are the steering currents that guide where a tropical storm or hurricane will make landfall.
Think of high pressure cells as bumpers. Hurricanes, as ferocious as they are, are lazy and don’t put up a fight with high pressure. They just go as they are told so-to-speak. As long as a high is over you, you’re good. The area of high pressure that was centered over us is backing westward and that will allow a small opening for a big moisture source.
For the latest updates on Tropical Storm Barry, click here or watch playlist below.