- Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- Live updates: Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- 'Packed their stuff and left' | Hurricane Harvey’s impact still evident in many areas nearly four years after flood
- This woodworker is creating pieces from trees devastated by drought and wildfires
- Heavy rain prompts flood advisory for the San Antonio area
The bridge on US 401 and Louisburg Road, which was knocked out due to flooding back in June, is now open again.
Officials with the NC Department of Transportation said the bridge, which goes over the Little River, opened six weeks ahead of schedule. It was closed six weeks ago after heavy rains inundated the northeast Raleigh area.
According to the NCDOT, original estimates following the flood event that wiped out this and other structures in the area pegged the reopening for Aug. 31. NCDOT engineers worked with a contractor that was already onsite and under contract to replace the bridge and fast-track the project.
For real-time travel information, visit DriveNC.gov or follow NCDOT on social media