- A look at how summer storms create localized damaging winds
- Tornadoes spur injuries, damage in eastern Pennsylvania
- Wisconsin storms bring 3 tornados; 1 man dies in crash
- Tornado watch vs warning: What to do when you see alert messages
- Non-profit group organizing clean-up for home damaged by flooding on Leon Creek
Because of the low speed of the storm and the heavy rainfall rates, the National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning until 11 p.m.
The warning is also in effect for Chatham County.
The Town of Cary told ABC11 that four roads are affected by heavy water:
- High House Rd from Cary Parkway to Davis Drive
- Legault Drive from Davis Drive to the traffic circle
- James Jackson Avenue near Darrington Drive
- Cary Parkway at High Street
Drivers in Cary asked to avoid those areas. Police are out directing traffic in the trouble spots.
The Town of Apex also said heavy rain is causing road flooding. Police urge drivers to stay off the roads if possible.
Things should calm down after midnight, Meteorologist Steve Stewart said but we could see a repeat Saturday.
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.