- Apparent wooden ship from 1800s uncovered by hurricane beach erosion
- California airports face disruption due to flooding, study finds
- As California wildfires rage, is this the new normal?
- Deadly storms bring torrential rains, hail and tornadoes to large portions of the South
- Severe weather impacts the East Coast
Because of the low speed of the storm and the heavy rainfall rates, the National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning until 11 p.m.
The warning is also in effect for Chatham County.
The Town of Cary told ABC11 that four roads are affected by heavy water:
- High House Rd from Cary Parkway to Davis Drive
- Legault Drive from Davis Drive to the traffic circle
- James Jackson Avenue near Darrington Drive
- Cary Parkway at High Street
Drivers in Cary asked to avoid those areas. Police are out directing traffic in the trouble spots.
The Town of Apex also said heavy rain is causing road flooding. Police urge drivers to stay off the roads if possible.
Things should calm down after midnight, Meteorologist Steve Stewart said but we could see a repeat Saturday.
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.