- Apparent wooden ship from 1800s uncovered by hurricane beach erosion
- California airports face disruption due to flooding, study finds
- As California wildfires rage, is this the new normal?
- Deadly storms bring torrential rains, hail and tornadoes to large portions of the South
- Severe weather impacts the East Coast
Year after year, many people are stunned at how tropical storms and hurricanes can upend their lives for months, and sometimes even years. Sean Kevelighan, CEO of Insurance Information Institute, and Philip Klotzbach, research scientist at Colorado State University, explain what people should do to protect their homes, businesses and possessions.