- First Alert to Severe Weather: Thunderstorms
- Volunteers help clean homes damaged by winter storm
- Biden heads to Texas to see storm damage, visit food bank
- President Joe Biden visits Texas to survey winter storm damage, COVID-19 vaccination site
- Cypress-Fairbanks ISD expects millions in damage as winter storm floods schools
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
FLORIDA (CBS) — President Trump is canceling his trip to Poland as Hurricane Dorian is projected to bear down on Florida in the next few days. The president made the announcement in the White House Thursday during an event launching the U.S. Space Command.
“To ensure that all resources of the federal government are focused on the arriving storm I have decided to send our vice president, Mike Pence, to Poland this weekend in my place,” the president said. “It’s something very important for me to be here.”
Mr. Trump said he would reschedule his Poland trip for some point in the not-so-distant future.
The president had been scheduled to head to Poland this weekend. But the National Weather Service is projecting Dorian could be a category 4 hurricane when it makes landfall Monday, and Florida has declared a state of emergency.
Mr. Trump was slated to meet withand commemorate the anniversary of World War II.
Mr. Trump recently canceled a planned trip to Denmark over the prime minister’s apparent unwillingness to discuss the possible sale of Greenland.