- Hurricane season's last gasp? Forecasters tracking tropical disturbance
- Drought, hail and a Thanksgiving staple: extreme weather delivered a hit to cranberry farmers
- UNCW helps collect clothes for people in Honduras impacted by hurricanes
- Hurricanes' Slavin urging people to 'Fill the Stadium' support at-risk children
- Hundreds of thousands at Honduras' shelters after hurricanes
View The Original Article Here
Is your property prepared for high winds? If severe weather is in the forecast, follow these simple steps from AccuWeather to minimize damage:
- Secure outdoor items like trash bins and patio furniture that could blow away.
- Take down items like hanging plants that could be blown into windows or patio doors.
- Be sure that propane and other fuel tanks are properly secured.
- Remove any dead or rotting trees and limbs that could fall and cause damage.
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.