- UN climate report: 2020 shattered weather records for hurricanes, wildfires, floods, more
- Texas Windstorm Insurance Association committee makes no rate-hike recommendation
- 30 named storms: Record hurricane season comes to a close
- Record-breaking 2020 hurricane season finally ends
- Hurricane season ending, but a late-season storm still possible
View The Original Article Here
Making sure you have enough food before a hurricane hits your area is one of the most important things to do. AccuWeather recommends stocking up on the following items:
- Non-perishable foods like ready-to-eat canned meat, fruits, and vegetables and canned juices can provide essential nutrients.
- Vitamins will help replace nutrients you would have eaten on a normal diet.
- Be sure to have samples like sugar, salt, pepper and spices. A basic supply of seasoning and sweeteners will improve the flavor of both fresh and packaged food.
- High-energy foods like nuts and trail mix are healthy and convenient for snacking. Get energy bars and granola bars, which are an excellent source of carbohydrates.
- It’s very important to have enough food for infants.
- Comfort foods are good to have around when you’re stuck indoors for a long period of time.
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.