- Remembering Raleigh: Saturday marks anniversary of historic, deadly 1988 tornado
- Sunday night brings rain, slight chance of severe weather
- Weekend brings level 1 chance of severe weather
- Widespread downpours continue in Houston area with possibility of severe weather | View forecast
- Houston has a marginal risk of severe weather as heavy downpours move in | Live radar & cameras
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — If you need a ride to a state-approved evacuation shelter as Hurrican Dorian approaches, Uber and Lyft may be able to help.
On Sunday, Uber announced they would be offering free rides of up to $20 for rides to and from state-approved storm shelters.
To take advantage of the deal, enter the promo code “DORIANRELIEF“ in the app, then select any of the state-approved Florida evacuation shelters. To use a promo code, open the Uber app, find the “payment” section and scroll down until you see “Add Promo Code”.
A post on Uber’s website said it will be making the safety of passengers and drivers a priority as Dorian approaches, which could mean changes for both. Uber said the post on their website will be updated as the storm develops. Riders and drivers will be notified through the app.
Lyft also activated its Wheels for All program to help those evacuating the storm’s path. The company said it’s partnering with United Way and 211s across Florida’s east coast and South Carolina to give riders up to two free rides (up to $15 each) until Sept. 15.
Use code DORIANRELIEF for the free rides to and from shelters.
What other people are reading right now:
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.