- Severe Weather Preparedness Week: Flooding facts and safety
- First Alert to Severe Weather: Watches vs Warnings
- Why your family should have an out-of-state 'check-in' contact | Severe Weather Awareness Week
- Winter storm damage at SA schools tops $1.5 million, possibly more
- Severe Weather Preparedness Week for the Carolinas starts now!
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
SOUTHEASTERN NC (WWAY) — As Hurricane Dorian tracks toward the Carolinas, shelters plan to open for the public to seek shelter during the storm.
Pender County officials are set to open three shelters: Malpass Corner Elementary, Topsail Elementary School and Cape Fear Middle School.
Cape Fear Middle School is a pet-friendly shelter and will serve special needs. All shelters will open Wednesday, Sept. 4. at 2 p.m.
This article will be updated.