- Biden heads to Texas to see storm damage, visit food bank
- President Joe Biden visits Texas to survey winter storm damage, COVID-19 vaccination site
- Cypress-Fairbanks ISD expects millions in damage as winter storm floods schools
- Gov. Cooper signs State of Emergency following Brunswick County tornado
- Hurricanes blanked by the Lightning on the road
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Commercial flights at Wilmington International Airport will be grounded starting Wednesday night as Hurricane Dorian is set to bring strong winds and flooding rain to the area soon.
According to the airport, ILM will close to commercial flights at 9 p.m.
The airport plans to re-open for commercial flights on Friday in the morning. An exact time has not been announced.
ILM says there will be no commercial flights (American, Delta, United) to/from ILM after 9 p.m. Wednesday or on Thursday. Friday flight schedules will be determined by the airlines.
You are advised not to call the airport facility for flight status. Call the airlines directly.