- Hurricanes complete the two game sweep of the Florida Panthers
- First Alert to Severe Weather: Thunderstorms
- Volunteers help clean homes damaged by winter storm
- Biden heads to Texas to see storm damage, visit food bank
- President Joe Biden visits Texas to survey winter storm damage, COVID-19 vaccination site
Most of the outages are in Brunswick and New Hanover counties.
According to Duke Energy’s website, about 2,700 people don’t have power in Wake County.
It’s unclear at this time when power will be restored.
Thousands of out-of-state electrical workers came to North Carolina to assist amid Hurricane Dorian — 1,500 linemen from Ohio, Texas, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Michigan are stationed at Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek, and another 600 out-of-state electrical workers are stationed at Five County Stadium in Zebulon, home to the Carolina Mudcats.
In total, about 9,000 electric workers are spread out across the state.
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.