- GMA's Ginger Zee joins the First Alert Team for Severe Weather townhall
- First Alert Team, GMA's Ginger Zee host Severe Weather townhall
- Carolina Hurricanes welcome fans back to PNC starting Thursday: Here's what you need to know before game
- First Alert Team, GMA's Ginger Zee host Severe Weather Preparedness townhall
- 911 calls reveal harrowing moments following violent, deadly tornado in Brunswick County
KILL DEVIL HILLS, N.C. — Approximately half of Avalon Fishing Pier in Kill Devil Hills was swept away by the wind and surf due to Hurricane Dorian, but now the pier’s owners said they plan to rebuild it.
The owners posted a GoFundMe on Facebook and hope to raise $100,000 for the repairs.
Another pier on the Outer Banks, Nags Head Pier, was also knocked out, according to OBX TODAY.
A video posted on the pier’s Facebook page showed strong waves still lashing at its remnants, still posing a risk that more of the pier could collapse.