- Hurricanes complete the two game sweep of the Florida Panthers
- First Alert to Severe Weather: Thunderstorms
- Volunteers help clean homes damaged by winter storm
- Biden heads to Texas to see storm damage, visit food bank
- President Joe Biden visits Texas to survey winter storm damage, COVID-19 vaccination site
President Donald Trump will be in eastern North Carolina today, less than a week after Hurricane Dorian caused widespread damage in coastal areas.
According to information from multiple offices, Gov. Roy Cooper will be joining the president in touring the damage. Trump will continue on to Fayetteville for a 7 p.m. rally.
Voters in several North Carolina counties will head to the polls Tuesday to decide who will fill two vacant congressional seats. In District 3, a special election will fill the unexpired term of the late Rep. Walter Jones, who died in February several months after beginning a 13th term. In District 9, voters from Charlotte to Fayetteville will cast ballots in a do-over of the 2018 election, in which state authorities found voter fraud.
This story is developing.