- Fans return to PNC Arena after more than a year as Hurricanes win
- GMA's Ginger Zee joins the First Alert Team for Severe Weather townhall
- First Alert Team, GMA's Ginger Zee host Severe Weather townhall
- Carolina Hurricanes welcome fans back to PNC starting Thursday: Here's what you need to know before game
- First Alert Team, GMA's Ginger Zee host Severe Weather Preparedness townhall
The National Hurricane Center officially designated the storm Potential Tropical Cyclone 9. PTC 9 had sustained winds of 30 miles per hour as of Friday morning–to become a tropical storm it must have sustained winds at or above 39 mph.
An early estimated track of PTC 9 has it heading through the Bahamas, into Florida and up the East Coast.
At this time, the National Hurricane Center does not believe the system will develop into a hurricane. Still, it could bring significant wind and rainfall to the Bahamas and parts of Florida.
The Bahamas are under a Tropical Storm Warning and part of the Atlantic Coast of Florida is under a Tropical Storm Watch.
Keep in mind we’re still in the peak of hurricane season. We’ll keep you updated on any changes.
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.