- Severe Weather Preparedness Week: Flooding facts and safety
- First Alert to Severe Weather: Watches vs Warnings
- Why your family should have an out-of-state 'check-in' contact | Severe Weather Awareness Week
- Winter storm damage at SA schools tops $1.5 million, possibly more
- Severe Weather Preparedness Week for the Carolinas starts now!
Video taken by a teacher at Durham Elementary School,who chose to remain anonymous, has gone viral.
That teacher said after the rain started pouring down, inches of water collected in the walkway.
She and other teachers knew the children would be cold in wet clothing. That’s when another teacher decided to use benches as a walkway.
“He started grabbing the benches and made a long bridge for the kids,” the anonymous teacher said.
She said the video was taken to share the circumstances that the students and faculty face every time it rains.
“It showed teachers jumping into action and doing what was necessary to make sure those students felt safe and secure,” the teacher said. “The students are the priority and nothing else mattered in that moment.”
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.