- Biden heads to Texas to see storm damage, visit food bank
- President Joe Biden visits Texas to survey winter storm damage, COVID-19 vaccination site
- Cypress-Fairbanks ISD expects millions in damage as winter storm floods schools
- Gov. Cooper signs State of Emergency following Brunswick County tornado
- Hurricanes blanked by the Lightning on the road
HOUSTON — The tropical disturbance we’ve been tracking has moved over the open waters of the southern Gulf of Mexico.
The National Hurricane Center is now identifying the disturbance as Potential Tropical Cyclone 16. Tropical Storm Warnings are now up for the northeastern Gulf of Mexico.
Potential Tropical Cyclone 16 has been designated in the southwest Gulf
Computer models continue to suggest that an area of low pressure will form southeast of Brownsville tomorrow, then race off to the northeast toward the central Gulf coast states.
If this forecast verifies, the storm will miss Texas and we in Houston would have a nice, warm and dry weekend.
Tropical development in the month of October, as seasons are changing, can be especially difficult to pinpoint. I would suggest staying close to the weather forecast this week so no one gets caught off guard if something changes.
ALSO POPULAR ON KHOU.COM