- Q&A with Marya Crigler, chief appraiser, on property tax relief for storm damage
- Fans return to PNC Arena after more than a year as Hurricanes win
- GMA's Ginger Zee joins the First Alert Team for Severe Weather townhall
- First Alert Team, GMA's Ginger Zee host Severe Weather townhall
- Carolina Hurricanes welcome fans back to PNC starting Thursday: Here's what you need to know before game
Here are some tips on what to do during a tornado. Alexandria Rodriguez/Caller-Times
Editor’s Note: The videos below contains some use of profanity. We’re sharing them here because of their news value.
A North Texas man’s video of a tornado hitting his home on Sunday night has gone viral.
Aamer Alasaad from Richardson, Texas, posted the video on Twitter after his home’s roof caved in. Alasaad is one of the many residents in North Texas affected by the tornado that the National Weather Service confirmed touched down in Dallas on Sunday night.
The video, originally posted by a coworker of Alasaad, has garnered over 11,000 likes and 440,000 views.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott even shared Alasaad’s video on Twitter, along with the message, “We are sending prayers. We are also sending the Texas Division of Emergency Management to provide assistance.”
The tornado caused significant structural damage and knocked out electricity to thousands. The National Weather Service teams will be surveying damage in parts of Dallas County and Van Zandt County on Monday.
Ashlee Burns covers trending and breaking news in South Texas. Help support local journalism with a digital subscription to the Corpus Christi Caller-Times.
Read or Share this story: https://www.caller.com/story/news/texasregion/2019/10/21/north-texas-mans-video-shows-dallas-tornado-hitting-his-home/4052036002/