- Fans return to PNC Arena after more than a year as Hurricanes win
- GMA's Ginger Zee joins the First Alert Team for Severe Weather townhall
- First Alert Team, GMA's Ginger Zee host Severe Weather townhall
- Carolina Hurricanes welcome fans back to PNC starting Thursday: Here's what you need to know before game
- First Alert Team, GMA's Ginger Zee host Severe Weather Preparedness townhall
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Severe weather is having a major impact on Halloween trick or treating in Charlotte and across the Carolinas.
A line of storms could produce damaging winds, hail, and an isolated tornado.
“The timing could not be worse for Halloween trick-or-treating,” First Warn Storm Team Chief Meteorologist Brad Panovich explained.
There is a medium-to-high chance of seeing some form of severe weather across the entire region.
The line of storms is moving from west to east across the entire region.
We’re tracking live on-air and online, with real-time updates from the WCNC newsroom below. Refresh the page for the latest information.
Severe weather live blog:
A Tornado Watch is in effect for the entire Charlotte region, including but not limited to other metro areas such as Fort Mill, Statesville, Hickory, and more.
Here is the latest timing on the Halloween night severe weather across the Charlotte region.
“Don’t get too wrapped up in the exact timing,” Panovich said. “It’s really hard to pin down the exact timing of these storms, just know they’re going to move through the area at that time.”