- Hurricane buckets distributed quickly
- Tropical Storm Fay Makes Landfall Near Atlantic City
- Goldsboro man gets Hurricane Matthew relief money nearly 4 years after storm destroys his home
- Tropical Storm Fay shutters beaches as it heads north
- Topsail Beach gets Hurricane Dorian recovery money from FEMA, North Carolina
That’s why it was important for those struggling to bounce back from the natural disaster to enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving. They were able to thanks to a religious organization and its volunteers.
Ever since Dorian, Katherine Pendry with Liberty Christian Fellowship has collected donations for Thanksgiving. She’s one of several that helped serve Thanksgiving dinner to people on the island who lost their homes.
“We just wanted to help them,” Pendry told WVEC. “We’ve been able to get some really fresh veggies, and with donations and stuff, we were able to hit the grocery stores and get a lot of fresh stuff.”
Organizers spent dozens of hours preparing food and Pendry’s team brought heaters and mobile kitchens.
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.