- Winter storm damage at SA schools tops $1.5 million, possibly more
- Severe Weather Preparedness Week for the Carolinas starts now!
- Q&A with Marya Crigler, chief appraiser, on property tax relief for storm damage
- Fans return to PNC Arena after more than a year as Hurricanes win
- GMA's Ginger Zee joins the First Alert Team for Severe Weather townhall
The contract will pay Williams a base salary of $700,000, and he can earn an additional $1.3 million in potential bonuses based on individual and team play in the regular season and Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Williams, 38, has recorded 786 points in 1,244 career NHL games with the Hurricanes, Flyers, Kings and Capitals. He is a three-time Stanley Cup Champion, winning titles with Carolina in 2006 and Los Angeles in 2012 and 2014 and winning the Conn Smythe Trophy in 2014.
“We’ve been in frequent contact with Justin over the last few months regarding his status,” said Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes. “We’re thrilled that he has decided to return to playing, and we’re confident that adding him to our group will help us both on and off the ice.”
Williams was named the 16th captain in franchise history on Sept. 13, 2018.
Copyright © 2020 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.