- Tropical Storm Edouard moves away from the US, while low pressure system likely to usher in rainy week
- Tropical Storm Edouard forms over the Atlantic
- Hail, flash floods accompany isolated severe thunderstorms on Sunday afternoon
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued for Wake County, flood warning for Durham County
- Watchdog says govt blocking report on Trump-hurricane flap
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
NORTH TOPSAIL BEACH, NC (AP) — The Army Corps of Engineers will award $281 million to a North Carolina city and county heavily impacted by Hurricanes Matthew and Florence.
State Senators Thom Tillis and Richard Burr announced in a statement Monday that the Corps will release $237 million to Surf City/North Topsail Beach and $44.5 million to Carteret County for the locations to pursue damage reduction projects.
The new round of funding comes one week after the Corps announced it would allocate $39.6 million to Princeville for a flood mitigation project.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)