- Biden heads to Texas to see storm damage, visit food bank
- President Joe Biden visits Texas to survey winter storm damage, COVID-19 vaccination site
- Cypress-Fairbanks ISD expects millions in damage as winter storm floods schools
- Gov. Cooper signs State of Emergency following Brunswick County tornado
- Hurricanes blanked by the Lightning on the road
Thursday afternoon Kannapolis city officials confirmed that a tornado touched down near the Lane Street and Interstate 85 Exit.
More than 42 million people in the U.S. are affected by strong storms moving through the Southeast region on Thursday prompting multiple tornado, severe thunderstorm and flood warnings.
Most areas within central North Carolina threatened are around the Haw and Neuse rivers.
The National Weather Service says that two-dozen counties in north Georgia will be under a flood watch through Friday morning, where some rainfall amounts could eclipse 5 inches.
Copyright © 2020 ABC11-WTVD-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved – The Associated Press contributed to this report.