- Hurricanes complete the two game sweep of the Florida Panthers
- First Alert to Severe Weather: Thunderstorms
- Volunteers help clean homes damaged by winter storm
- Biden heads to Texas to see storm damage, visit food bank
- President Joe Biden visits Texas to survey winter storm damage, COVID-19 vaccination site
An EF-1 tornado touched down west of Pineville during Thursday’s severe weather, the National Weather Service confirmed Friday.
The EF-1 tornado, which is the second-weakest of of six types of tornadoes, has maximum sustained winds of 95 mph.
The tornado touchded down at 12:18 p.m. “almost exactly on the NC/SC line along Nations Ford Road,” officials said, and continued east into Matthews and Union County.
Much of the area continues to experience flooding and damage from uprooted and downed trees.