- Hurricanes complete the two game sweep of the Florida Panthers
- First Alert to Severe Weather: Thunderstorms
- Volunteers help clean homes damaged by winter storm
- Biden heads to Texas to see storm damage, visit food bank
- President Joe Biden visits Texas to survey winter storm damage, COVID-19 vaccination site
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
CAPE FEAR, NC (WWAY) — Severe weather left thousands without power early Friday morning in the Cape Fear.
According to the Duke Energy power outage map, nearly 5,000 people in New Hanover and Brunswick counties woke up in the dark.
Cities impacted by the outage include Belville, Southport, Castle Hayne, Wilmington, Myrtle Grove, and Kings Grant.
At 6 p.m. Thursday, spokesman Jeff Brooks posted on Twitter that around 100,000 customers across the Carolinas were without power following severe weather and high winds.