- Tracking the windspeeds before and after a prescribed burn turned into a Bastrop wildfire
- Texas wildfire no longer growing, some evacuations lifted
- Firefighters make 'good progress' against Bastrop wildfire as officials promise an investigation
- Houston-area firefighters join central Texas wildfire efforts
- Increased Wildfire Danger Anticipated Across Texas
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
NASHVILLE, TN (AP) — At least two tornadoes shred buildings across the city of Nashville and central Tennessee early Tuesday, killing at least 7 people.
The Tennessee Emergency Management Agency confirmed the preliminary death toll as first-responders search the wreckage for injured people.
About 40 buildings collapsed around Nashville, including a concert venue that had just held an event for presidential candidate Bernie Sanders ahead of Super Tuesday voting.
Nashville Mayor John Cooper and the sheriffs of Putnam and Benton counties reported the fatalities across a landscape littered with blown-down buildings, snapped power lines and huge broken trees.