- Biden heads to Texas to see storm damage, visit food bank
- President Joe Biden visits Texas to survey winter storm damage, COVID-19 vaccination site
- Cypress-Fairbanks ISD expects millions in damage as winter storm floods schools
- Gov. Cooper signs State of Emergency following Brunswick County tornado
- Hurricanes blanked by the Lightning on the road
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
NASHVILLE, TN (AP) — At least two tornadoes shred buildings across the city of Nashville and central Tennessee early Tuesday, killing at least 7 people.
The Tennessee Emergency Management Agency confirmed the preliminary death toll as first-responders search the wreckage for injured people.
About 40 buildings collapsed around Nashville, including a concert venue that had just held an event for presidential candidate Bernie Sanders ahead of Super Tuesday voting.
Nashville Mayor John Cooper and the sheriffs of Putnam and Benton counties reported the fatalities across a landscape littered with blown-down buildings, snapped power lines and huge broken trees.