- Central Texas wildfire still in check; no structures damaged
- Orange County Schools moves to remote, Duke activates severe weather policy
- Drivers preparing their vehicles ahead of severe weather need to be mindful of tire pressure
- Fire safety expert provides tips to keep your home safe from wildfires
- Prescribed Burn Gone Wrong Likely Sparked Wildfire In Bastrop County, Officials Say
Originally published on April 11, 2020 9:25 pm
Severe thunderstorms and possible tornadoes could hit the Austin area overnight into early Sunday, according to the National Weather Service.
A tornado watch has been posted for Travis, Hays, Blanco and Bastrop counties, along with areas around San Antonio, until 4 a.m. Sunday.
The storms are expected to extend from Del Rio and Eagle Pass toward the I-35 corridor from San Antonio to Austin, NWS said in a tweet. They could bring hail and damaging winds.
Read the latest tweets from the National Weather Service: