- More than 2 months after a hailstorm caused major damage in Round Rock, residents are still dealing with repairs
- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
Originally published on April 11, 2020 9:25 pm
Severe thunderstorms and possible tornadoes could hit the Austin area overnight into early Sunday, according to the National Weather Service.
A tornado watch has been posted for Travis, Hays, Blanco and Bastrop counties, along with areas around San Antonio, until 4 a.m. Sunday.
The storms are expected to extend from Del Rio and Eagle Pass toward the I-35 corridor from San Antonio to Austin, NWS said in a tweet. They could bring hail and damaging winds.
Read the latest tweets from the National Weather Service: