- 35-acre wildfire reported in Bastrop County off of Old Antioch Road
- Pender County wildfire grows to over 2,000 acres, nearing Highway 50
- Pender County wildfire grows to over 1,500 acres, nearing Highway 50
- 2 homes in Frisco catch on fire during severe weather
- DC-10 airtanker stationed in Austin helps fight wildfires
Originally published on April 11, 2020 9:25 pm
Severe thunderstorms and possible tornadoes could hit the Austin area overnight into early Sunday, according to the National Weather Service.
A tornado watch has been posted for Travis, Hays, Blanco and Bastrop counties, along with areas around San Antonio, until 4 a.m. Sunday.
The storms are expected to extend from Del Rio and Eagle Pass toward the I-35 corridor from San Antonio to Austin, NWS said in a tweet. They could bring hail and damaging winds.
Read the latest tweets from the National Weather Service: