- Severe weather cancels Wool E. Bull's Winter Wonderland, Chinese Lantern Festival & Christmas parades on Sunday
- Severe weather cancels Wool E. Bull's Winter Wonderland, parades on Sunday
- Pittsboro, Tarboro parades impacted by Sunday severe weather
- More than 2 months after a hailstorm caused major damage in Round Rock, residents are still dealing with repairs
- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — WCNC Charlotte is tracking severe weather in the Charlotte area and across the Carolinas. The First Warn Storm Team is tracking live:
The National Weather Service issued a Tornado Warning that included portions of Cleveland County, North Carolina, and York County, South Carolina. The initial warning was scheduled to continue through 9:15 p.m.
While there was no confirmed tornado on the ground, radar-detected rotation near I-85 was moving east at 35 mph.
Areas inside the warning included, but are not limited to, Kings Mountain and Crowder’s Mountain.
Anyone inside the Tornado Warning should seek shelter on the lowest level of a sturdy shelter with as many walls between you and the outside.