- Street flooding, damaging winds possible for Houston area Thursday | Timeline
- TIMELINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- TIMLINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- Pender County wildfire now 65 percent contained, still 1,226 acres
- Today on Texas Standard: How Houston is using nature to combat flooding
After a few morning showers, Sunday went on to be a mostly clear day, but severe weather is moving into our viewing area as the night progresses.
Severe thunderstorm warnings have been issued for several counties in the WRAL viewing area– including Wake, Orange, Franklin, Durham, Warren, Vance and Granville among others.
Chapel Hill has suffered significant power outage issues as a result of the severe weather.
Tune into WRAL News on FOX 50 at 10 p.m. for an update from our meteorology team about what the rest of the night and Monday will look like.