- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
- Severe weather in Houston (Nov. 30, 2023)
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
BLACKSBURG, SC (AP) — The National Weather Services confirmed Saturday that fast-moving storms across South Carolina spawned at least one tornado in Cherokee County.
Meteorologists said the tornado touched down Friday in the northeastern part of the county, near the small town of Blacksburg and the York County line.
NWS surveyors planned Saturday to investigate reported damage in northwest York County, extreme southeast Cleveland County and southern Gaston County.