- Tropical Storm Fay Makes Landfall Near Atlantic City
- Goldsboro man gets Hurricane Matthew relief money nearly 4 years after storm destroys his home
- Tropical Storm Fay shutters beaches as it heads north
- Topsail Beach gets Hurricane Dorian recovery money from FEMA, North Carolina
- Tropical Storm Fay moves toward mid-Atlantic, New England
Sampson County, N.C. — Officials are asking residents to avoid traveling through Sampson County, particularly in Newton Grove due to flash flooding.
In the past 24-hours, Sampson County has seen over 11 inches over rain.
Crews in boats were conducting water rescues early Saturday morning on US Highway 701 near Parkside Grill and in the Luke Hobbs Farm and Whit Road area.
A flood warning is issued in Sampson County for the rest of Saturday.
North Carolina Department of Transportation blocked many roads across the county to keep drivers from entering flood waters.
Large trees have been reported as down in the area, and highways and roads are damaged from the flood waters.