- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
- Severe weather in Houston (Nov. 30, 2023)
HOUSTON — Tropical Depression Nine strengthened to become Tropical Storm Isaias on Wednesday night. And then, on Thursday, the same system grew into Hurricane Isaias.
Hurricane Isaias’ path is taking it by Haiti, then the Dominican Republic. It could pose a threat to Florida by the weekend.
The storm has sustained max winds of 80 miles per hour and is moving to the northwest at 18 miles per hour.
There are hurricane warnings in place for the areas that are expected to take the brunt of the storm.