- More than 2 months after a hailstorm caused major damage in Round Rock, residents are still dealing with repairs
- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
BALD HEAD ISLAND, NC (WWAY) — In response to the predicted weather effects associated with Hurricane Isaias, the Village of Bald Head Island has declared as State of Emergency.
This comes one day after Governor Roy Cooper issued a statewide State of Emergency.
The Village has also prohibited visitors on daytrips for recreational purposes from coming to the island, effective immediately.
In a press release the Village states an evacuation is not necessary at this time, however curfew details will be announced on Sunday.
We will have more information on preparations in the Cape Fear as they become available to us.