- Accidental Fire That Scorched 10,000 Acres Of Texas Landscape Nearly Contained
- Isaias created a tornado outbreak as it raced up the East Coast
- Scattered showers, storms likely this afternoon; no severe weather threat in place
- Severe weather to jolt central US through the weekend
- Hurricane forecast: 'One of the most active seasons on record'
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) –The town of Oak Island has proclaimed a state of emergency in response to Tropical Storm Isaias.
All non-residents are ordered to voluntarily evacuate Oak Island effective at 6 PM on Sunday, August 2nd.
If the track of the storm shifts or conditions intensify, a mandatory evacuation may be required. As of now, there is not a mandatory evacuation order.
The town of Oak Island will attempt to maintain basic services, including utilities, fire, and police, but there is no guarantee that services will be provided at normal levels during or after a storm.
The state of emergency proclamation takes effect at 6 p.m. on Saturday, August 1st.