- Only 3 of 45 unhatched sea turtle nests in Holden Beach survive Hurricane Isaias, town officials say
- Summer showers expected Saturday afternoon, heavy rain and flooding possible threat
- RGV COVID-19: Alrededor De 800 Fallecimientos Y 20,000 Casos Confirmados En Condado De Hidalgo
- Accidental Fire That Scorched 10,000 Acres Of Texas Landscape Nearly Contained
- Isaias created a tornado outbreak as it raced up the East Coast
Storm surge and flooding are typically some of the biggest threats to life and property during a hurricane or tropical storm. Locally, water rescue teams are gearing up for any possible effects of Isaias around here.
HEAT. THE CENTER WILL FOLLOW STRICT COVID-19 SAFETY RULES AND YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK. >>> STORM SURGE AND FLOODING ARE TYPICALLY THE BIGGEST THREATS TO LIFE AND PROPERTY DURING A HURRICANE OR TROPICAL STORM. LOCALLY, WATER RESCUE TEAMS ARE GEARING UP FOR ANY POSSIBLE EFFECTS OF ISAIAS AROUND HERE. THIS IS FIRE STATION 21, THE WATER RESCUE HOME BASE IN RALEIGH. THEY HOPE THEY ARE NOT NEEDED, BUT IF THEY DO GET CALLS, THEY ARE READY. >> IF THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF RALEIGH BEING IMPACTED OR SIGNIFICANTLY IMPACTED, RATHER, AND WE MAY STAY HOME. OUR ULTIMATE HOPE IS FOR NOTHING BAD TO HAPPEN TO ANYBODY. HOWEVER, SHOULD SOMETHING BAD