- More than 2 months after a hailstorm caused major damage in Round Rock, residents are still dealing with repairs
- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
BALD HEAD ISLAND, NC (WWAY) — As Tropical Storm Isaias approaches the Cape Fear, Bald Head Island has declared a state of emergency and has issued a curfew.
BHI officials say the curfew is from 5 p.m. Monday until 9 a.m. Tuesday.
An exception will be made for those departing the island, the village wrote in a news release.
Bald Head Island Transportation Inc. says the last ferry leaving the island ahead of Isaias will be at 3:00 p.m. Monday.