- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
- Severe weather in Houston (Nov. 30, 2023)
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
BRUNSWICK COUNTY (WWAY) — Several residents in the Olde Towne subdivision in Belville reported touchdowns of suspected tornadoes between 9 and 10 p.m. last night.
According to a release several trees were knocked down and homes were damaged along north and south Olde Towne Wynd. The Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office responded to the emergency calls.
Tree crews are on the scene right now surveying the damage and clearing the roadway.
There are no reports of injuries at this time, but the town is asking residents to stay home and wait for an all-clear from local emergency responders.