- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
- Severe weather in Houston (Nov. 30, 2023)
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Tropical Storm Laura has strengthened a bit. It is moving west with sustained winds at 45 mph. It is expected to track over Hispaniola and Cuba over the next couple of days. We’ll have to see how it holds together as it does so. As it moves into the Gulf of Mexico it is forecast to strengthen into a category 1 hurricane. It is still forecast to make landfall somewhere between eastern Texas and southern Mississippi Wednesday Night.
Marco has also strengthened. It is moving north-northwest with sustained winds at 65 mph. It is forecast to become a hurricane later today as it makes its way into the Gulf of Mexico. At the moment, it is forecast to become a category 1 hurricane and then weakening as it approaches the Texas, southern Louisiana coast, likely making landfall late Tuesday/early Wednesday.
Stay tuned to the forecast!