- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
- Severe weather in Houston (Nov. 30, 2023)
Turner and Hidalgo will speak at 1 p.m.
In the Houston area contraflow would only be implemented as a last resort on IH 45 North Frwy, IH 69 Eastex, IH 10 Katy, and US 290 and only after local authorities mandate evacuations. We stand ready if asked by local authorities to help in this type of effort. pic.twitter.com/OmfGF2VLVR
— TxDOT- HOU District (@TxDOTHouston) August 24, 2020
The state disaster declaration was issued for 23 counties, including all coastal surge counties, plus Bexar County, which will be for staging and sheltering.
The following counties are included in the disaster declaration: Aransas, Bexar, Brazoria, Calhoun, Cameron, Chambers, Galveston, Hardin, Harris, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Kenedy, Kleberg, Liberty, Matagorda, Newton, Nueces, Orange, Refugio, San Patricio, Victoria, and Willacy